News Headlines
Mon. Aug 10th 2020
Image
COTTEKILL, NY - A little over a year ago, the Cottekill Fire District placed an order for a new fire engine. In April of this year the district pre-paid the chassis, that saved the taxpayers $3800.00....
Sat. Aug 1st 2020
Image
Public Notice to BiddersThe Cottekill Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners of Cottekill NY, has authorized liquidation of surplus property by sealed bid. Item offered for sale includes:2005 Pierc...
Sun. Dec 29th 2019
Image
HUDSON, NY - This holiday season, the members of CVFC adopted two veteran firefighters who now reside at the Firemen's Association of the State of New York's (FASNY's) Firemen's Home w...
Sun. Dec 29th 2019
Image
COTTEKILL, NY - We all know the words "He's making a list, He's checking it twice"; well on Saturday December 21st, 2019 dear old St. Nick did his annual pre-Christmas sleigh run in ...
Thu. Jul 18th 2019
COTTEKILL, NY - On July 17th, 2019 Fire Chief Brad Fiore promoted Timothy Houck and Erik Whispell from Exterior Firefighter to Interior Firefighter. Both members completed the NYS Interior Firefighte...
News
House Fire 1708 Lucas Ave
Mon. Aug 3rd 2015

A man suffered burns Monday afternoon in a fire that left his house uninhabitable, according to a fire official.


The Cottekill Fire Department and about 10 other companies responded to the blaze at 1708 Lucas Ave. Extension, according to Cottekill Assistant Chief David Gagnon. The fire was reported about 2:15 p.m. and was out within an hour, Gagnon said.


He said firefighters remained at the scene in the Rosendale hamlet of Cottekill past 5 p.m.

Gagnon said the fire was caused by lighted citronella candles that were at the base of the front door on the outside of the house. Flames spread quickly up the front exterior of the house and started to penetrate the inside, he said.


The assistant chief said the man who was inside the house when the fire started suffered burns to his hands and arms while trying to douse the flames with buckets of water.


The man, whose name was not provided, was taken to HealthAlliance Hospital’s Broadway Campus in Kingston for treatment, Gagnon said.


Gagnon said two firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion. He also said firefighters rescued three dogs from inside the house.


Gagnon said a building inspector declared the house uninhabitable.


Part of Lucas Avenue Extension was closed to traffic while the fire was being fought.

~~~~By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily Freeman

 

19 entries in the News

19 entries in the News


© 2020 Cottekill Volunteer Fire Company